This Christmas, the Clare College catering team explore their favourite festive recipes which you can try at home.
Christmas Day is fast-approaching and whilst you may be ready for the main event you might still be looking for some inspiration for Boxing Day. Clare College’s Head Chef, Byron, shares his recipe for turkey macaroni cheese to help you make the most of your leftover Christmas turkey. This festive spin on classic, comfort food is sure to delight your Boxing Day visitors.
Clare College’s recipe for turkey macaroni cheese
- 300g Macaroni Pasta, cooked as per instructions
- 125g flour
- 125g butter
- 1 litre Milk
- 100ml turkey/chicken stock
- 100g cheeses (why not use the leftover cheese board cheeses and feel free to use more to your liking)
- Mustard (whichever type you prefer)
- Bread crumbs, preferably Panko
- Leftover turkey, pigs in blanket and stuffing. All cut in to bitesize pieces.
- Make the white sauce by melting the butter in a pan and adding in the flour, whisk whilst cooking until it forms a paste; add the milk a little at a time whilst whisking until all the milk is gone and it is a smooth sauce.
- Cook at a low temperature until the flour is cooked out, then add the mustard, cheese and salt and pepper to your taste. This sauce can be done two days before; then simply blend/whisk and use as needed.
- Take the blended white sauce and mix in the Christmas dinner leftovers, add the pasta and mix.
- Place in a baking dish and top with grated cheese and breadcrumbs, cover with foil and cook at 175c for 30 minutes
- Remove the foil and cook for a further 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Discover more recipe ideas by signing up to the Clare College Conferencing mailing list. Click here to sign up.