Whether you like to keep it classic or want to be a little inventive, this recipe from our Head Chef, Byron Franklin, gives you perfect American-style pancakes every time.
It’s then up to you what you choose to top it off with!
You will need:
- 135g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/s tsp salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 130ml milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp melted butter
Make your batter:
- Melt the butter and then leave it to cool.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients into a bowl, add the milk and egg slowly to make a smooth batter and then add the butter.
- Leave in the fridge until needed.
Cook your pancakes:
- In a non-stick pan with a touch of oil (spray oil is good) add your batter.
- Cook on a medium heat until bubbles form on the top; this is when you know it is ready to turn.
- Then, flip your pancake and cook for the same time on the other side.
To top it all off…
- Lemon and brown sugar
- Nutella and sliced banana
- Honey and maple syrup
Try something different:
- Parma ham and grated cheese
- Sauteed mushroom and bacon
- Cinnamon flavoured whipped cream