This Christmas, the Clare College catering team explore their favourite festive recipes which you can try at home.
Christmas Day is fast-approaching and whilst you may be ready for the main event you might still be looking for some inspiration for Boxing Day. Clare College’s Head Chef, Byron, shares his recipe for Asian turkey noodle soup to help you make the most of your leftover Christmas turkey. This recipe offers something a little different to delight your Boxing Day visitors.
Clare College’s recipe for Asian noodle soup using leftover turkey
- 200g dried noodle of your choice
- 800ml chicken/turkey stock (bought in stock cube is fine)
- Vegetables of choice – carrots, baby corn, spring onion, pak choi
- Aromatics – ginger, garlic, lime leaf, star anise, five spice, chilli
- Soy sauce
- Leftover turkey, shredded
- Start the soup broth by heating the stock, add the aromatics and taste.
- Start to season with the soy sauce and honey to your liking (I like to have a balance of salty and sour and then finish with some fresh lime to add some sourness)
- Once the broth is to your liking add the noodles and simmer until cooked then add the shredded meat and the vegetables (make sure they are thinly cut and roughly the same size) then turn off the heat.
- The vegetables should still be crunchy.
- Finish with fresh coriander and lime.
Discover more recipe ideas by signing up to the Clare College Conferencing mailing list. Click here to sign up.